SA shows cancelled, MATAH in the UK and more
A lot of things happened during TDR's absence. Here's our round-up:
- Room Service Tour concerts in South Africa, scheduled in late December, were cancelled after tragic events of NYC. "The prospect of going long flights with families under the current circumstances does not feel comfortable and the decision had to be made now," Per and Marie say on their official web site.
- "Milk And Toast And Honey" single was released in the UK. Amazon UK (for example) is selling it.
- Roxette had a 1-hour live gig at Carlsberg's promotional party on September 23rd. Only VIP guests were able to take part.
- In an Aftonbladet article, Per and Marie say that they are not interested in the USA anymore. "Room Service" album won't be released there. They say that family is now more important to them and they've tired to the intense travelling that promotion requires.
- According to Expressen, Jonas Åkerlund who is better know as a music video director, is working as an art director for the Room Service Tour. He will be responsible for the visual aspect of the show. Sounds interesting, I would say…
- Famestudios, the new media company partly owned by Per, has had troubles in paying taxes and other fees, reports Hallandsposten. According to their MD Ludvig Werner, things have now changed. He also claims these problems were "more administrative than financial". Famestudios has designed Roxette's official web site.
Technical errors may occur.
September 27th, 2001
Internal reference code for TDR's Good Reporters: [tdr 111747]
This article was posted here on TDR in these categories:
Archive, TDR:Roxette, vintage.