Info in english
Jonna Bergh, editor-in-chief of Swedish fashion magazine Styleby, has always admired Marie’s style and met Marie to talk about fashion, her style and some of the clothes that Marie has used on videos or on stage.
When asked about her style, Marie explains that she likes to wear what she feels comfortable in/with. At the moment (of the interview) she loves her leather trousers (including the zipper!), which she wears both on stage and also privately. She also tells that she always has liked to wear tight black clothes, like the black jacket she is wearing in the interview. She has had the jacket for over 10 years, she just rediscovered it in her wardrobe and thought it looks cool and is wearing it again.
Sometimes she likes to wear clothes that she has had for a long time again but at the same time she likes to wear new things or combine them new, but it’s very hard to trick fans because they know exactly where and when she wore this and that, even 20 years ago.
Jonna and Marie also talked about Marie’s very extensive collection of clothes that ranges from 1986 until now and about some of the items:
– Shiny sequin jacket hanging next to Marie which Marie wore on stage on Roxette’s tour 1991: Marie tells that this one is also one of her favourite items.
– Balmain black leather jacket that Marie has been wearing on stage during the latest Roxette tour: Marie loves leather jackets and doesn’t dare to tell how many of them she has! She likes leather jackets not only because she looks very stylish in them, but also because she is always freezing and she feels warmer wearing them.
– Fur jacket that Marie wore in “Milk and Toast and Honey” video: She mentions that the jacket is unfortunately made of fur and that she wouldn’t be wearing a fur jacket today, but that there are very good fake materials nowadays. She bought the jacket in Los Angeles and she loves the colours of it.
– Black smoking hanging on the top right side: she loves the material and design of this one; she has been wearing on the latest tour as well.
– The Gucci black trousers with small mirrors on them: Marie tells that they were very expensive but she wanted to have them anyway. Just 2 pieces were made, Marie’s and onepair that Madonna has.
Marie still hasn’t made up her mind about the clothes she will wear on stage during the upcoming tour; she will try some clothes and get advice from her stylist.
Youtube: Marie Fredriksson
you'll get to the page this news came from. Beware, you're leaving The Daily Roxette!
Internal reference code for TDR's Good Reporters: [tdr 198023]
This article was posted here on TDR in these categories:
Youtube: Marie Fredriksson.
As this content has been created by third parties, errors (such as broken links) may occur. TDR assumes no responsibility for links to external sites, over which TDR has no control.